The June meeting of Chapter 18 was held at the transmitter
plant of 610WIP--Infinity Broadcasting,
The business meeting was convened and the following topics were discussed:
(A) Something is in the plans for the NAB Radio Show to be
held this fall in
(B) We are looking for a place to host the "Taste of NAB" Roadshow.
(C) The new certification level--Directional AM Transmission Systems--was discussed. Congrats to John Arndt of Greater Philadelphia Radio Group for passing this level of certification!
(D) Keep looking at your e-mails and this website for more things to come next year (2005-2006).
The presentation was made by Russ Mundschenk, of Ibiquity HD Radio. He discussed various aspects of HD Radio including the following:
· HD Radio AM Hybrid Digital Mode MA1 Carrier Profile
· Minimize Spectral Regrowth
· Internal v. External Filter Response
· Bypass Mode--6 kHz External Bandpass
· IBOC AM Transmission System
· HD Radio FM Hybrid Mode MP1 Carrier Profile
· HD Radio FM Extended Hybrid Mode MP2 Carrier Profile
· HD Radio FM Extended Hybrid Mode MP3 Carrier Profile
· HD Radio FM Extended Hybrid Mode MP11 Carrier Profile
· HD Analog/Digital Power Ratio (2 areas)
· FM Flexible Capacity Summary
· Importer Connected Directly to Gen II Exciter
· Overview--Supplemental Audio Services
· Kenwood receiver Split Audio Mode (2 areas)
A second presentation was made that evening. At the invitation of Ben Hill, Harry Bickhardt, long time employee of WIP (since 1954!) gave a talk on his time at WIP and how things were at various times at the Bellmawr plant. It was very fascinating to know how things were throughout the time he has worked at WIP and the stories he had to tell were just a great aural picture. We thank Harry for also making the evening great!